Organic Vanilla Extract
This treasured plant has powerful health properties, assists the nervous system, and helps regulates metabolism.
Vanilla is one of the oldest, one of the most expensive spices, and one of the most familiar, but you don’t hear a lot about its health benefits.
Health Benefits of Vanilla Extract
Vanillin is the principal constituent of natural vanilla extract, which has many uses.
The natural compound vanillin has multiple properties:
- May have antidepressant-like effects. Vanilla has been commonly used as a home remedy since the 17th century for treating anxiety, depression, etc.
- Contains antioxidant activity. May assist in lowering cholesterol, eradicating free-radicals from the body, and protect cells and body tissue from breaking down.
- Antibacterial properties may also help boost the immune system and promote healing and recovery.
- Vanillin extract contains small amounts of B-complex groups of vitamins such as niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, and vitamin B-6. These vitamins may help in enzyme synthesis, nervous system function, and regulating body metabolism.
- It also contains small traces of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, and zinc. Potassium is an essential component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Antimicrobial effects in helping inhibit bacteria, yeasts, and moulds.
Vanillin Research Update
Vanilla is widely used due for its antioxidant and nutraceutical properties. Vanilla contains vital constituents that are used for the treatments of different diseases.
The health benefits of vanilla include antibacterial properties, meaning it may help prevent infection. The journal Molecules published research in November 2014 showing that when vanilla essential oil was applied to medical devices, it inhibited the growth of specific bacterial cells.
Over time, vanilla’s demand and the price increased. After harvesting, the green beans are cured instantly in only 32 days, while in conventional curing methods, nearly 150–180 days are required.
Antimicrobials are among the most successful forms of chemotherapy. They have been used to save the human population from the threat of infectious diseases.
Antimicrobial agents are from different classes of molecules that suppress multiplication and growth of or kill microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
Vicky Mar Naturals Coffee Vanilla includes Premium Organic Vanilla Extract.